Taking the Complexity out of Your 3PL
Logistics Industry April 10, 2015
Frustrated with the seemingly endless complexities associated with your third-party logistics? You're not alone. Logistics can be a daunting task for business owners just like you who are trying to store and ship their products to retailers and consumers. This dilemma is especially true when you need to focus your time and energy on running and growing your business.
Logistics are getting even more complicated today with increasing globalization and a high demand for diverse product offerings. It's important to find a 3PL partner you can trust so that you can let them focus on their expertise in logistics while you focus on your expertise in your business. With the right partner, you'll be amazed at how easy logistics can be!
The secret to simplifying your 3PL solution
When you choose to work with a dedicated and highly qualified team of 3PL specialists, it becomes their job to set your mind at ease. So how do you find a provider you can trust to simplify your life? Look at their track record for timely, accurate, and compliant delivery. Once assured of their general competence, they should invest time in learning about your specific products and customers to develop a customized 3PL solution for you.
A 3PL partner should take the complexity out of executing your logistics projects by streamlining the process for you and ensuring your project is completed on time. This strategy should include finding both creative and cost-effective solutions for all the various complex steps from start to finish including coordination of:
- The optimal means of transport (air, sea, road or rail) and transport from multiple points of manufacture, with expedited services if necessary
- Special transport permits for heavy or oversized loads
- The tactical loading and unloading of items
- Short or long term warehousing/storage facilities
- Security to protect your freight, in the warehouse and while in transit
- Ongoing inventory management
- Special care for perishable or fragile items
- Packaging tailored to your product
- Managing returns (reverse logistics)
Take your 3PL to the next level
It's simple: building a partnership with a knowledgeable third party logistics provider can simplify your logistics and let you focus on your business.
McKenna has the track record and expertise to develop a winning 3PL strategy for you. Talk to McKenna Logistics and let our professional team build a partnership with you. We can make all your logistics-related worries fade into the background.